Friday, March 11, 2011

Knit Bolero

After long last I am back. I think this is the longest stretch I have gone without blogging, at least in recent memory. It feels kinda weird.  I mean, I know no one is desperate for my postings, but it brought a sense of reliability and now I have been all thrown off for a week. Things have been rather crazy around here but they are settling down so we should be back on schedule.  

One reason I haven't blogged in a week is because we went to St. George.  It was an awesome little weekend trip (that is why I missed Friday and Monday blogs).  We went basically just to get away from the house. Sometimes that is all you need you know?  It was warm and pleasant and we didn't have to do anything( I usually like trips that are very planned, almost too productive in their activities. I need to remember that "no plans" trips are really nice too). The great thing about such a casual weekend is that I had so much free time I was able to knit Olive this Bolero.

I think it is super cute and I'm so happy with how it turned out. It is perfect for spring too, which maybe this bolero brought us some good luck because today felt like a very spring day and we were in heaven. 
Doesn't she look so cute in her outfit? And very grown up, right?  I feel like I have been saying that a lot lately but, it keeps shocking me to look at her in pictures and see this little girl. She isn't a toddler anymore.  She is a girl. The closer she is getting to 3 the more she is feeling like a little girl.  It feels even more that way because of her little pose.
 
I just love the back and how it has a bit of a cowl neck line. I don't know why but I just love it!
 
Finally, I think my favorite part of this bolero is the edging. It was time consuming and a bit painstaking but it looks great so I guess it was worth it.  Unfortunately my amateur photo skills made getting the detailing on a black sweater a little difficult, but I think you can see it.  
Overall I am thrilled with it. It might be one of my projects I am most excited about. As you can see, so is Olive.

4 comments:

krissy o said...

Hooray! Glad you're back and I just love the bolero!

Sheena said...

If I'd known it was possible to knit stuff that cool I might have actually bothered to learn how to knit!

Mary said...

Well, I missed you. And she definitely is looking more grown up lately.

Kelly said...

That is stinkin cute!!

 
UA-18211205-1