Do you guys struggle with what to acutally do with your photos? I just hate having them sit on my computer so I decided awhile ago to be more proactive in doing something with them. The whole photo documenting/storage situation has changed so much over the last few years and for awhile there I was going to stop scrapbooking. I am not an expert scrapbooker. In fact I am kinda lame because getting it into a book is more important to me than how fabulously designed it is. I guess what I am saying is that I go for speed!
After a lot of thought and debate, here are my plans for getting our photos off the computer.
1) Every child will get their first year scrapbooked. Baby pictures are just so scrapbook worthy. Plus there are keep sakes that I like to have in a book, like their hospital bands and hats.
2)Every child will get their own digital book on their birthday highlighting the things that happened specific to them that year. (We better not have too many kids or this might be impossible. I am proud to say that I did actually get Olive's done at 2!)
3) Every year will have a family scrapbook that will include the memorable things we do together like family vacations, holidays, and family events. I was just going to do kids books originally but we had so many pictures with cousins and grandparents that I didn't want their digital books full of those photos. A family album is the perfect place to put those memories.
4) I do, at some point, plan on printing off this blog into book form. It talks about things that I wouldn't scrapbook about or document in other ways. I do love the daily memories that this blog has provided the opportunity to post about so I want those things in book form as well.
5) Finally, I want to make a "fine art" digital book about each place we have gone because Scott (as I amateur-ly try) takes such great, beautiful photos of our trips and I don't feel like a "family scrapbook" is necessarily the place for them. I have all the books made so far, I just need to print them. I think this will take some time as they are not super cheap.
Well that was all a really long explanation about my actual post for today. It may seem insignificant to you but I am very proud that I finished our 2010 Family Scrapbook and it is only March! Yeah!
Some highlights:
Olive's 2nd Birthday
Our Mexican Riviera cruise
Disneyland
And of course, our garden!
As you can tell, they are very basic pages, probably over crowded and not expertly designed. But, they are done and we can look at them so I am happy. I have already started on 2011 which feels good because I never had a book started at the beginning of the actual year it is documenting. My plan is to start on Milo's book asap and get some things done before he comes. Even though I am ahead right now, I can for see falling behind quite easily. I am just happy that I have last year done already. Yay! Go me!
So...what do you guys do with your photos? I am very curious!




1 comment:
Way to go on being caught up with your photos! This is something i've been dreading doing but that i've desperately needed to start again. Before I was expecting Andrew I used blurb.com to do Audrey's digital scrapbook. I use their formats they have for everyday pics, but for the big events like birthdays or holidays I used Photoshop and all the free digital scrap pages I have downloaded. I haven't even started on Andrews things yet...lame. But I completed Audrey's books through he 2nd year.
Post a Comment