Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Is it Halloween yet?

I mean seriously! We take this holiday pretty seriously around here but it seems like it is taking forever to be actual Halloween. Maybe it is because we have already done so many Halloween themed activities. So far we have thrown a Halloween party, gone to the Haunted Aquarium, a Pumpkin Story time, a Trunk or Treat, a family Halloween party, Wheeler Farm Fall festival, and the Little Spooks trick or treating (and that is not counting our activities this week). I guess Halloween starts taking over all of October!

Well, here is one of our many Halloween activities (some are better documented than others).

We met up with some friends at This is the Place for their Little Spooks activity and it was so much fun. Here the kids are checking out each others costumes.

This is what they did when I said "Say Cheese!"

I don't know why this picture cracks me up but I love her pose to show off her cowgirl costume.

Then it was time to trick or treat. Olive now loves trick or treating and walks around the house with her pumpkin saying it all day long.

She was fascinated by the friendly witch telling stories and singing Witches Brew. I have loved teaching Olive Halloween songs this year.

She was very patient at getting her face painted. I think it made her feel fancy.

My little cowgirl!

They had pony rides going. I was nervous to even take Olive by the ponies because I knew she would want to ride it, and then hate it while she was one the pony. After waiting in line I was just sure it was going to be a crying disaster but she proved me wrong. She sat on that pony with all the confidence in the world and yelled "Giddy up!" Maybe she is a real cowgirl at heart.


We went to visit the animals in the petting zoo. The animals that were moving made her nervous (I think it was also because some kids were chasing the sheep around)

But she really liked the animals that were staying still and laying down.

We finished the whole day off with a fun train ride around the park. It is so much fun to take Olive to do these things now that she is old enough to enjoy them. I sometimes miss my little baby, but I am loving having a 2 year old!

P.S. Sorry for the delay in blogging. I was crazy busy getting ready for the Halloween party we had on Friday (which I didn't take a single picture at!) and then yesterday I had some serious dental work done that kinda knocked me out. But I can tell that you all really missed me, and did not think that our home office was extremely boring!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Wow, I love those pink boots! This has totally been a month-long Halloween. Two is such an awesome age for holidays!

(And I liked your office post - your house posts are always fun!)

 
UA-18211205-1