Friday, October 8, 2010

Halloween is Coming...Skeletons will be after you!

(Sorry, that is a children's song from my days teaching school. For some reason it always comes to mind when I am thinking about Halloween!)

Lately I have been getting really inspired to start different projects. I think part of it is getting ready for Halloween and planning/ making costumes. I have been sewing and crafting up a storm around here. One of my projects was an outfit for Olive. I am so happy with how it turned out! I made one side Halloween themed....

then I made the other side with fall fabric. I really love the reversible outfit because it gets more use for the work.

(She is working hard carrying that pumpkin around!)

And of course you have to have hair accessories for both outfits! I found these cute felt flowers here while looking at one of me friends blogs (here) that always inspires me to do projects.

With the left over fabric I decided to make a wall hanging decoration. I have noticed that being in a house makes me want to decorate for holidays way more. I had seen a similar wall hanging in the store and got inspired by Olive's outfit to make it dual sides/purpose with a Halloween side and a Fall side. I really like how it turned out.

Now my house it totally Halloween-ed out (Scott kept seeing my projects and asking "So where is this going to go? Our house isn't that big.) I am finally getting excited about fall!

3 comments:

Becki said...

Love it! You are so creative! I totally need to be more creative like you are!

Crawford Family said...

Aw thanks! Olive looks fantastic in the outfit! pLus you totally have one up on me you can knit. Soooo wish I could learn. And very very jealous of fall. Tell scott you are decorating for the both of us!

Stef said...

Such talent! They're adorable!

 
UA-18211205-1