Friday, October 15, 2010

Work Those Knitting Needles

I have completed a lot of knitting projects recently so I figured I would do a big post and show them all. There a quite a few so hopefully you don't get bored!

I just recently finished this sweater for Olive. I was going to use it as a Christmas gift but I was so excited about how it turned out (and it basically fits perfectly now but might not in a couple months, oops!) that I decided not to wait.

In fact I went out and bought this cute outfit to go with the sweater. Aren't those leggings awesome? I was so stoked when I found them because I knew they were a perfect match. Yeah, I think Olive looked pretty adorable today.

I had already tried this sweater once in a smaller size so hopefully there is a girl somewhere in our future. Wouldn't it be the cutest to have girls in matching sweaters? The answer is yes!

I made this cute sun hat as a gift. You might not be able to tell but the edges are all ruffle-y and it has a ruffle flower. I love it.

I also know a girl who just had twins so I made these matching Aviator caps. The buttons really gave that finishing detail. I really like how they turned out.

Aren't those hats great? I decided to whip up some matching head bands and use up some left over yarn.

The girl I visit teach just had a baby boy and I had a double sided hat pattern (it is one seriously warm hat!) I had been wanting to make so it was the perfect chance. I thought these socks would be a cute touch.

But then she delivered her baby 12 weeks early so I hurried and made this preemie sized hat so that he would have something that fit.

I also tried out this beret type hat. I am not sure how well it worked.

So to test if it would look crazy I tried it on a baby doll. I think it wasn't a total disaster.

Lastly, I found a found a pattern online for a hat with a lace edging. I have been seeing these type of hats in boutiques and on babies with trendy moms so I was anxious to try one out myself. It looks better in real life where you can see the detailing. I was quite proud of myself because it was trickier than I thought. I am excited to find a purpose for this hat because I think it is adorable!

Well, that turned out to be quite long. I told you there was a lot! And sorry if the pictures are lame but I don't have cute baby models to photograph. Things always look better on a cute baby.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

These look so beautiful Maren! Knitting is on my "things I want to learn to do someday" list. You do a great job!

Pauly said...

WOW! you are Super talented! They are alll so incredibly adorable!

Mary said...

You ahve been busy! And they all look great. Very cute.

EMS said...

I've recently picked up knitting again. These are super adorable. I hope I can be that talented someday. :)

Stef said...

I should hire you to make fun things like that when I have kids. I did not inherit that creative gene, unfortunately.

 
UA-18211205-1