
One of my favorite places in our house is our back door entry. The previous owner used this door as their main entrance (I am guessing they almost never went into the front room. It was a pretty but not used room. We have no rooms like that.) It even has its own door bell.
I think it is the beadboard that makes me love this entrance so much. Or possibly the hooks. Maybe its the combination of them. It just seems clean and fresh and I am glad it is the first thing you see as you come through the door. It is small and silly but I just like it so much. In the summer I liked seeing our swim bag hanging here with our beach towels waiting to go to the pool. Now we will have to get our coats out to hang up here for the winter. I don't know why, it just feels like a nice spot.
That being said, it is definitely not perfect. The landings are both on the small side. What usually happens is that I struggle to open the door with arms full of groceries or bags and then get impatient as Olive slowly climbs the stairs, gets distracted by shoes or the cat or various other distractions, as I grow frustrated because there is no room to get around her, or I am tripping over shoes. This happens almost every day. But, at least it is nice to look at.
2 comments:
I have always loved this little area but failed to tell you.
It is very charming!
Post a Comment