It is so strange to me that it was 5 years ago that we met sweet Olive. She was so calm and peaceful when she was born. We had been anxious about the whole labor process and hospital and induction and then when she was here it was like that was all washed away and we were at total complete peace. It's a feeling I can't explain. But I remember it as if it happened yesterday. Olive is such a light and joy in our family. She is such a special girl and we love her so dearly. 5 is a pretty momentous birthday so we wanted it to be pretty special and memorable. I think we accomplished that!
The night before her birthday we looked at Olive's baby book and talked about the day she was born. She loved seeing her hat from the hospital and her little identification bracelets. It was so fun to look at those pictures and relive that special day.
As a tradition on their birthdays the kids get a book of their last year and all the exciting things that happened to them. It was a fun book full or preschool graduation, dance performances, friends and dress ups of course.
Here is her table full of presents all ready for the morning.
She had asked me a few days before her birthday if she was going to get a special birthday hat so we were sure to have it out first thing for her.
Birthday donuts! Pink frosting and chocolate donuts make for a happy birthday girl.
We did candles on her donuts too because you can't have enough wishes.
Milo could not be left out and had to be sung too also. Silly kid!
Then it was present time so she got to bust through the paper and see all she got.
I was so excited for Olive to open her presents. A few months ago we had found these My Little Pony figures and house at an appointment that she went to. She often talked about them because they had clothes and shoes and accessories which is essentially Olive's heaven. Well, when it came closer to her birthday I started looking for those same ponies but found out they are discontinued. I went to ebay and spent hours, no days (I became a bit obsessed) searching and bidding on different things so she could get those ponies. In the end I was able to get her two lots of stuff including some houses and lots of ponies/accessories. She was so shocked. It was SO cute. She loved it.
This is the pony tea pot house that also plays music and such. It was a big hit with Milo too and he wanted so desperately to play with it. Oh how hard it is to be 2.
Milo kinda felt left out all day. Thankfully Olive was sweet enough to let Milo help her and open a present.
I made her this hooded jacket for fall. I'm going to make Milo a matching one. I always like to have one of their presents be a handmade thing from mr but it was a bit of a rush to be sewing buttons on at 11 pm the night before. She looked adorable in it though.
She also loved this super soft tied blanket I made for her.
The ONLY thing that Olive had asked for was Sofia the First stuff. So we just had to get her a Clover, I mean, he is a rapping bunny rabbit.
Olive got some new books.
Then it was party time, but after it was all over she was so happy to get back to her ponies, especially that Lizzie got to play with her.
It is always the birthday kid's choice for dinner and she chose pizza, so we invited our family up to eat with us at our favorite pizza place. It was awesome because it was like the party just kept going. Olive got a kid's camera from Grandma Lulu and Grandpa Kerry.
Then the whole gang, basically the whole restaurant, sang Happy Birthday to Olive.
She loved it and hated it at the same time.
An extra treat was the Lizzie got to ride with us over to see Becca and Bruce's new house.
The kids had fun playing Olive's new game outside. Spending the evening with cousins was the perfect ending to a great birthday. Happy Birthday Olive! We are so happy that you are 5!

















No comments:
Post a Comment