It is still weird to me that it is 2013. I haven't gotten used to it yet. But I am so sick of January. I want it over! It has been bitter cold. And so much snow. I'm over it. One thing that I do love about January is the new fresh start of a new year. Last week we had a little fhe to go over our goals from 2012 and set some new ones for 2013. This is what we came up with.
Olive: 2012
recognize letters and sound out short vowel families
count to 100
use a happy voice
learn to ski
learn to ride a bike
pick up toys and clean up room
I must say Olive did such a good job with her goals. She knows all of her letter and is sounding out short vowel families. She does recognize all of her numbers to 100 but is still practicing counting, she can make it to about 30. She sometimes needs reminders but I would say uses a happy voice most of the time. She didn't learn to ski yet, but the winter's not over so Scott has plans to take her up a couple Saturdays coming up. She did learn how to ride the bike she got for her 4th birthday. And I must say, possibly most impressive, she has gotten so good at picking up her room in the evenings and can usually do most of the work by herself. 2012 has been such a good year for Olive. She has grown up so much, sometimes it's shocking to me. We are very proud of her.
For 2013:
perform at SLC Dance Project Spring performance and practice her leaps
read books on her own
add and subtract
We are so excited for what this year holds for Olive, namely starting Kindergarten!
Milo 2012:
crawl
walk
sign
talk
Well Milo was a champ and accomplished all of those goals with ease. Although he doesn't say a ton, his vocabulary is growing every day. We maybe should have included climb and run on that list because he also loves to do those things. It is kinda crazy to me that last year at this time Milo wasn't mobile. Boy has he changed so much in one year!
For 2013:
use sentences
ask for things you want
learn to do a somersault in gymnastics
pick up toys
try out balance bike
Now for me 2012:
learn to knit cables -that one was so easy, I don't know what I was afraid of! Love cables!
knit new christmas stockings- yep!
submit a photo to the State Fair- yes I did this and it won 2nd place!
read a novel a month- this one I did not do very well
For 2013:
read a list of 12 books (I will let you know my list when I have compiled it, got any good suggestions?)
skin care- I want to get it all cleared up and where it was before I had kids I'm sick of having the skin of a 14 year old. So, I'm determined to do whatever that takes. I'm planning on getting a few peels, new skin care products, and be better about the routines
submit an original photo to the State Fair- Last time I submitted something that I already had. I want to take a photo with the intent of submitting it to the black and white section of the fair.
read the sunday school lesson before sunday school
I think they are pretty reasonable goals. I'm excited!
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Two things... Read The Book Thief!
The other is look into getting IPL laser treatments on your face. I have been getting them every other month and it has cleared up my acne that I have had since I was 11. That's 15 years of acne for those who are counting! I still have the occasional blemish, but it has cleared up my skin beautifully!
Congrats on getting your goals done. And good luck for next year. I hear you on the acne too! My skin drives me nuts! It's just not fair to have the precursors to wrinkles and zits at the same time! My best solution so far seems to be to stay 5-9 months pregnant, which is not much of a solution. So keep us posted because I might have to steal some of your ideas!
Qwendykay- I am half way through the Book Theif! So funny that is the one you mentioned. I am loving it so far! And thanks for the advice on the laser. I think that is going to be the route I take because it feels like I have literally tried everything else. Thanks!
And Sheena- I wish pregnancy made my skin clear up but it makes it break out like crazy everywhere and so does birth control. Not cool skin! But I'm happy for you! Can't wait to see your new addition!
I have a book recommendation! Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo. I couldn't believe it was non-fiction until I read that the author spent 3 years in a Mumbai slum taking thousands of interviews. The end result is pretty amazing!
Oh thanks Rachel! I have always loved your recommendations in the past! I'll have to add it to the list!
Post a Comment