Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January Blues


 I don't have much to blog about because for the last week we have been stuck at home with sick kids. I took Milo to the doctor about a week ago because he had been coughing at night time for about 3 weeks and it was horrible. But nothing else seemed wrong and so the doctor concluded that it was just the bad air and possibly asthma but we have to just keep watching him. The next day Olive woke up with a fever that lasted for two days.
Then Milo caught it and has had a fever for 4 days now. It hit him a lot harder than Olive. This means that I basically haven't left the house in a week. I wasn't going too crazy until today. Today I actually made plans because I was sure my kids would be healthy again.  I was ready and excited to get out of the house and do some normal routine stuff. 
On top of that we had a sleepless night of Milo waking and Olive not wanting to sleep in her bed, is making today a little bit harder than it already was. I really don't need more reasons to hate January so much. It has been bitter cold, there was a two week stretch where it didn't get above 20 degrees. We have had a lot of snow storms and we haven't been able to keep up with the shoveling so our driveway is ice. And now my kids are sick. Don't get me wrong, I like cold winter days where we stay in jammies and watch movies all day. But we've had enough of those. I just want my kids to be healthy. It's so heartbreaking when they are miserable. Poor loves.


2 comments:

krissy o said...

ohmigosh - same boat! James has had a fever of 103 since Sunday - SUNDAY! And May spends all night coughing. Today I finally stuffed some snowboots on them and we went to blockbuster and little ceasars so we could have a pizza picnic and a movie, but seriously, I am running out of ideas.

Rachel said...

I think we are living parallel lives on opposite sides of the country. We have all been sick for the last 10 days. First we took turns getting a cold, then Dan brought home something more serious. (The flu? If we didn't have flu shots I'd swear we all came down with the flu!) I'm just crossing my fingers that James can go back to preschool tomorrow. I keep hearing about your crazy snowstorms! Hope you guys are feeling better now.

 
UA-18211205-1