Monday, February 18, 2013

Olive's Valentine's Party

Well, we survived January. It was a really bad, cold, depressing January and I feel like it took awhile into February to really recover. We love Valentine's around here and that usually brightens up February very easily, but we were kinda out of it and didn't get on the ball. I am happy to report though that everyone is healthy and we are all back in good spirits, despite January's best efforts. Last year we did a 14 days of Valentine's and I did things for the kids each day to count down but I wasn't in gear and so that didn't happen this year. But the week of Valentine's I did find some cute things at the store and so we did a mini version of usual. Plus we've had like 3 sunny days in a row so things are feeling like real life again. 

One of Olive's friends from preschool invited her to a Valentine's Party. She looked forward to it all week and it did not disappoint. There were lots of crafts to do and activities. Olive ate candy and treats to her heart's delight. There were so many girl and princess toys that she was in heaven. And then she left with a whole bag of cool stuff. It was quite the party. 

The partiers: Brynn, Bo, Olive, Trinity, and Grace





Also last week at school they did a whole week talking about China and Chinese New Year. Olive came home and said "Ni hao ma!" She looked so cute in her Chinese hat. I wanted to get a picture but all she wanted to do was eat her fortune cookie, so this is the best we got. Priceless.

 They also practiced their Chinese script. Have I mentioned how much I love her school? 

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1