Thursday, October 4, 2012

Hike to Donut Falls

All summer we have been wanting to go hiking but it's been so crazy busy. Also, every time we think about it, it's been blazing hot. That is why I love fall so much, it's the perfect time to hike! We had never been to Donut Falls (can you believe that?) and read that it was a very easy hike. It was an absolutely perfect day. 
 
Some of the leaves were already turning, can you see them in the background. It wasn't too busy or crowded. It took some convincing with Olive but eventually she got into it.


Milo rode in the pack but just kept trying to climb out near the end. 


This is where it got pretty hot and Olive was basically over it. (See Milo trying to escape?)

It was so nice down by the falls. There was one part that was steep climbing down the rocks but Olive handled it no problem. Sometimes I forget that she is such a big girl. I am loving her at 4!

Snack time!

This is the only picture I got of us by the falls because we had to constantly be by the kids. I didn't even take a picture of the falls! The kids wanted to get in the water so bad, but throwing the rocks in the water was enough to distract them. We didn't hike up the falls at all because we thought it would be tricky and the kids wouldn't care much. They were just as happy to play in the stream. It was such a fun day. 

1 comment:

krissy o said...

I love that hike. It really is so perfect for little ones.

 
UA-18211205-1