I wanted to start some traditions for getting ready for school. A blog that I stalk does a cute thing where they do a "back to school feast". I was going to make it so the kids could pick whatever they wanted for dinner for their feast. I was planning to make their request but on the day things were crazy and we were out of food so we asked Olive what she wanted for dinner and she said "PIZZA!" Of course! We went to our favorite pizza place to try and make up for the "feast".
Then Olive laid out her new clothes that she wanted to wear the next day (although she changed her mind on the actual morning)
We set some "school goals" and wrote down the things Olive was excited for and anything that she was nervous about (which she couldn't think of anything). Then we read some books about going back to school. We finished off with a cute book my mom made for me when I was 5 and very nervous to go to all day kindergarten. After books it Scott gave Olive a father's blessing.
I asked Olive how she wanted her hair and she said "curly". I didn't have any foam curlers and I had seen this trick on pinterst so I thought we would try twisting it and sleeping on it.
The next morning when we took it out it looked like this. I couldn't stop laughing. It was a huge afro and I couldn't even come through it.
As you can tell Olive wasn't thrilled with the result. So we had to take a quick bath and wash her hair out. Ha! I still think it is so funny.
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, that hair! So funny and cute. I love the look on her face! Oh my, she is a cutie. I loved how cute she was with me during sacrament meeting yesterday. :)
That hair is amazing! I love it!
Oh my gosh! I couldn't stop laughing! That's such a great story for her later on! She's going to love it.
I'm totally stealing your "new outfit for the first day of school" idea. Londyn starts preschool this week and I think she would get so excited about that!
That hair is fantastic.
Post a Comment