Last week we went to the Utah State Fair. I love the fair. I love almost everything about it. I love how random it is, I love how horribly bad the food is for you but for some reason is delicious, I love the strange characters, I love that there are animals and fine art and rickety rides all in one place, I love the big yellow slide, I love that it is something to look forward to in September, I love that Scott grew up going to fairs so he likes it as much as me (maybe not quite as much) 
Dinner! Don't worry that your stomach hurts afterwards, that is part of the charm.
Olive wanted to see all the animals but wasn't as on board about touching them. These calves were sure cute though and we convinced her to brave it. She told me it was very soft but kinda smelly.
Look at that huge pumpkin. Someday I want to enter a gigantic pumpkin into the fair. My favorite were the mutation things that grew. I could totally just plant random stuff and see what it comes out and then win first place. I recommend you all do that too.
As we were walking to the fair (since we parked on the street which was a terrible, terrible terrible mistake since we got 2 parking tickets because of it) a nice old lady told us that we absolutely must see the lemurs. She was right they were so fun and entertaining. They were jumping around everywhere. Olive really like feeding them. They would grab it out of your hand.
This mom brought her baby lemur (see it riding on her tummy?) right over to us. She must have known we were nice.
Olive desperately wanted us to find the guy who had made all the balloons that she had seen other kids have. When it was her turn she asked for an elephant much to our surprise. She actually got 2 because the first one came untwisted.
Her other request (besides riding the pony which we didn't do) was cotton candy. You can't go to the fair without eating cotton candy! And funnel cakes (although sadly we forgot them this time!)
This picture was taken right after we convinced Olive to ride with Scott down the big yellow slide. It did not go very well. She cried the entire ride and then jumped up and ran over to me sobbing. Oops.
But she did like the other kids rides so I think we made it up to her.
We had to show off our mad dance skills.
Olive got a stable with horses for her birthday and she has loved it. When we walked past the horse stable she begged us to go in. Here she is also showing off her fan that she was very proud of.
For years and years every time we go to the fair and see all the photos I always say that I want to enter a photo into the fair. But by the time you are there it's too late! So I when we set goals at the beginning of the year I said that this was the year and I was going to enter my photo for realsies this time. I was just excited to go try and find it hanging but much to my surprise it had won second place in the amateur division. Needless to say I was very proud! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment