Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Birthday Celebration

My birthday was on a Sunday this year so we did most of the celebrating on Saturday. For Mother's Day Scott had given me a message. I scheduled it for this Saturday and decided to make it a ME day. The message was my first and I was a bit nervous. It was so amazing. It felt like I had just laid down and in a blink it was over. Definitely worth it.  

Since our birthdays are one day apart Olive and I went out on the day in between our birthdays for a Girls Birthday Lunch. We loved it, probably because we got a lot of desserts. It was so much fun, I think we are going to do that every year! 

Awhile ago I had set a reminder that Wicked tickets were going to go on sale. We knew it was going to be here in August around my birthday. On that day, I asked Scott if we could get tickets for my birthday. He told me an excuse that it was too much money or why it wouldn't work. I went online anyway and got to the buy screen to buy these Wicked tickets because we have wanted to see it for a really long time. At the last second I called him and said "I am at the buy screen for the tickets. Are you positive we can't buy them?" He then  told me how he had already purchased some as a surprise for my birthday and how I just blew the surprise. Oops. I wasn't sad though. I was just excited that we got to go! 

It was such a blast! I am going to say it was my favorite thing that I have seen at Capitol Theater. We were surprised at how funny it was. I knew it wouldn't be like the book, but I didn't realize how much I would like it. Definitely a great birthday gift. Home run Scott!  

Since my birthday was on a Sunday we didn't have much time to celebrate. Scott did make me delicious french toast though!


Then it was pastry cake and presents at my parents house. Olive and I made out like bandits with all the great gifts. Thanks everyone!


So far 28 has been great. I was just thinking about this a few days ago, how if this is what I pictured of my life at 28. In most ways it is. In so many ways though, it is so much richer and more beautiful and better than I could have even imagined. Even though this is the life I wanted and always planned, I had no way to know how truly blessed I would be. 

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1