Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yard Work

As I mentioned in my last post, last week we did some major yard work. When I say we, I mean Scott. I was more of the project manager and Scott was the muscle. We rented this big green waste dumpster so he was very motivated to get it all done. 
 Mostly we had some huge bushes that I wanted torn out. Scott was not so sure about it but I told him to trust me. I hated these bushes. I felt like they looked so grandma-ish, which was fine when a nice old grandma lived here but I wanted something more our taste.
 All together it was 7 bushes that made up this hedge. Let me tell you it was a lot of work. Poor Scott.
 But, he is tough and manly and did a fabulous job.
Here is the front all hedge free. I already love it! Doesn't it look better? Scott doesn't love it like I do but he appreciates that it was the way to go. I can't wait to get some landscaping in but we are waiting until after Milo is here.
 
 Our back yard also had a hedge that was cutting our yard in half. It drove me crazy that if Olive went to play over there I couldn't see her, so I decided this hedge must go also.
 Here it is all gone. Doesn't it look so much more open and bigger too? We knew as soon as he took it out that it was the right choice.
 Our eventual plan is to expand our patio a bit and hopefully get a fire pit. Won't that be awesome? See I told you that we made a ton more projects for ourselves. Landscaping and now a patio extension, not to mention the garden boxes we are putting in. But, I am so happy with how things have turned out.
So, when are you coming over to hang in our backyard and enjoy our hard work?

3 comments:

Vickie said...

Wow, it looks great! Good work Scott! I was a little surprised to see the pictures because I haven't paid attention to your house when I've driven past it this week. I'll have to notice it in person next time I pass your house. :)

krissy o said...

Wow, that looks like a TON of work! Way to go!

Wanderingfamilies said...

...very soon! I feel that most bushes are just spider homes...great job!

 
UA-18211205-1