Monday, May 9, 2011

Past Due

Well,  I was hoping to do a different post today. But, things don't always go according to plan.
So here is a baby update instead....

I am officially "post dates" as they said at my appointment this morning. Post dates!  40.2 days is what they called it when making my next appointment (yes I  had to make another appointment).  I guess there are a lot of ways of saying...this baby is not here yet.  And I wish I had something more exciting to post like I've been having contractions or false labor or anything really. But, I don't.
My official due date was May 7th. That doesn't really mean anything since, as they called it in our class, it is a birth month. All day Saturday I kept thinking...."Was that something? Did I have a contraction?"
I was really hoping for a Mother's Day baby. I thought that would be so fun. But it came and went and no baby. So has everything. It has come and gone and we are still just waiting.

We do have a 2 week plan set out after meeting with my midwife, which makes me feel better. To be honest, I am not nearly as miserable as I was at 38 weeks. I don't know what has changed. Scott gave me a blessing so I'm sure that has helped.
I feel more...peaceful now. A few weeks ago all I cared about was getting this baby out. Now I care more about how it all happens. I want to ensure that I have the birth I want. If that means waiting and waiting, then I guess I am willing to do that. I'm just not like everyone else who has gone early.
There really isn't a rush.  Plus, with all this extra time and no plans we have been able to get a ton of things done before the baby comes. Last week Scott did a whole yard overhaul, (which also means we now have more yard projects to get done), our house is spotless, I've been knitting like crazy because that is easy to sit and do in the afternoons when my energy is gone. See, it's a good thing Milo isn't here yet.
But, we do really want to meet him.

1 comment:

Leslee said...

I'm sending you good labor vibes! I wonder every day if you've had your baby yet. Can't wait for an update!

 
UA-18211205-1