Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Then There Were 4

When choosing a name for this blog we were days away from meeting Olive. I hadn't felt a reason to blog before her. But then once she came I wanted to show her off to the world. I thought she was the most amazing thing on earth. I didn't think twice about calling our blog the pattersonthree. We weren't just Scott and Maren anymore, we were the Patterson Three! It felt momentous. It felt huge. It was such a life change to go from just two to 3!
And over these past 2 years it has felt like we were the 3. Like three musketeers or something. Everything in Olive's world is mom, dad, and her. It felt cozy and comfortable and in lots of ways easy.
But now I laugh that we chose the Patterson Three. I knew even then that we weren't always going to be three but it was so overshadowed that I didn't think anything of it. It seemed like so far in the future.
Well apparently, the future is here:


Because we are no longer the Patterson Three. Now we are 4! We are so happy and excited to be adding on to our family. The 3 musketeers were fun, but now it time to grow up a bit. A family of 4 seems like a real family.

We found out that it is a boy. Scott is elated and I am still coming to terms a bit, but happy. Everything looked great at our sonogram and he is growing perfectly.

We debated quite a bit about whether or not to share the name we have chosen. We tried not to tell with Olive's name but slipped and then told anyway. I am almost positive we are going to do the same thing this time because we call him by his name around the house. We chose it immediately and had no question. We really love it!

We have decided to name him Milo Scott Patterson.
(if you are not in love with the name maybe you can come to terms with it by the next time I see you!)

12 comments:

Katie Kates said...

Hooray for Milo! What does it mean?

Karen said...

I love the name Milo! I begged Erik for that name! You're lucky you both agreed :) Congratulations guys!!!

Vickie said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! Olive will love having little Milo around! :)

Aubree said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Milo Scott Patterson, it just sounds perfect and full of originality. Congrats to you guys, I hope we can figure out a name as cute as yours:)

Patty Girl said...

Milo means mild, peaceful, calm in its German origin but also has Greek ties as in the Venus de Milo and the Greek athlete Milo of Croton (according to the internet). Let's hope he is mild and peaceful, that would be awesome.

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

Here's to your calm little boy, hopefully he lives up to his namesake :) Love the name! Congrats!! Boys rock, truly. I understand the "come to terms" statement. I had to do the same thing, twice. You will love having a boy.

Becki said...

i love the name milo. it fits really well with olive's name. congrats! i had no idea you are still tiny! i hope you are feeling okay. let me know if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

I had an aha! moment last night as I was going to sleep: when I texted you, you were at THE appointment - not just any appointment. I'm so happy that he's healthy! And I LOVE the name Milo! Ollie and Milo...it's just adorable. You guys pick the best names. How cute are your two kids going to be together? Congratulations!

Kelly said...

Congrats guys!!!! Oh Maren I bet you are knitting him the CUTEST hats as we speak! Boys are soooo much fun, in a fabulously different way. Plus he is going to have one stellar big sister in Olive! I am so excited for you!

micemilk said...

erik just said,"WHAT! Milo is scott's friend."
i said, "are you mad he didn't name the baby after you?"
"yes."

i think you better reconsider for erik's sake.
ps. got your christmas card, olive's going on the fridge right next to the card from my chiropractor.

Stef said...

Congratulations! Love the name, too.

Wanderingfamilies said...

I LOVE the name! Cute! Congrats!

 
UA-18211205-1