
First, my favorite was a mommy and baby turkey. I love Olive's little hands on it.

We also gathered fall leaves which Olive loved gluing them onto the paper. She also painted a turkey and some leaves.

She loves painting with her water colors. I am kinda lame and haven't braved the finger paints yet. Here she is holding up two of her finest pieces.

And then she explained her artistic vision to us.

It seems funny to be posting about fall art because I feel so full swing into Christmas. Yet, it's only December 3rd! I think that I have some serious Christmas spirit on the mind because I am in charge of our ward Christmas party and it is tomorrow. I am feeling very intimidated. It is overwhelming to plan a party that big and I have absolutely no experience. I mean, just the logistics of how much food to feed a whole ward is daunting but then trying to actually make it all and have it taste good is really stressing me out. But, thankfully the party is tomorrow. And in 24 hours if it is a major bomb, then it will already be over. I can't wait for Sunday.
I don't mean to sound lame and like a super griper. I do think I have planned a fun party and I am hoping my program will be inspiring but I will settle for pleasant. I just feel like this party is all I have been thinking about. I haven't had the mental power to do any of our typical activities this week. I have had a hard time sleeping because I feel like there are so many things to forget. Basically I am ready to think about something else. And finally, tomorrow, I will be able to. After we cook and decorate all day.
6 comments:
Good luck with tomorrow's party! I know how hard you've been working on it. And I love posts about art projects, as my kids do them all the time. Art rocks!
Your party will be a success. You always have great ideas..don't worry. I love all of Ollie's art projects. We have been doing similar things with my preschoolers and they have so much fun with it. You are the cutest mom in the whole world!
I love the art projects! They are very inspiring - I haven't had any crafty ideas lately.
I'm sure your party was a hit. I'm excited to hear how it went!
I'm sure you did great! Remember how awesome we were on the Break the Fast committee? If we could deal with Seth eating all the meat in the taco salad, I'm sure you handled this beautifully.
The party was fabulous! It really was nice to have a break from the Santaness and focus on something a little more meaningful. Also I loved the food. Hummus is the best. :)
Kacey- Thanks! You are so sweet!
Stef- I totally forgot about Break the Fast. I mean I remember doing it with you but I forgot that we had the Seth catastrophe. If we survived that, we can plan any party!
Emily-I am so glad you had fun at the party. I actually thought about you quite a bit while I was planning it because I kept thinking "Some people are going to hate this food. But at least Emily will like it!" Thanks so much for coming!
Post a Comment