Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who wants to move to Cabo? ME!


This past week we went our Mexican Riviera cruise to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. (Our anniversary is actually in May, but we got a better price which is why we went in September). We took Olive with us which I was kinda nervous about but it turned out fine.

Our boat was the Carnival Splendor. It was huge, but not as big as I was expecting. While we were out at sea it was quite foggy and cold, as you can see.

The decor was a little out of control. The main theme was pink zebra stripes, not my style (is all I will say about it).

One of the main things to do on the boat was eat. There was food everywhere all of the time. I knew that was typical of cruises but was still surprised at the abundance of food. Olive was in heaven having fruit to her hearts content. I drank my fair share of hot chocolate. Scott loved him some soft serve.

Ollie also liked watching the water from the windows and running around the decks to climb on all of the lounge chairs, but the other guests didn't love that as much.

Our first port was Puerta Vallarta. Everyone kept stopping and taking photos by this statue so we thought we better not miss out. The board walk was lined with really unusual statues doing unusual things. I found it kind of hilarious how excited all the tourists were to take their pictures with weird statues.

We were surprised at how tropical it was there. It seemed like the jungle came right down to the ocean. It was also the hottest place we visited. We were seriously dripping by the time we got back on the ship.

One of the main attractions to this city, other than the jungle excursions that we couldn't do with a 2 year old, was this gorgeous old church. It reminded me a lot of Europe.


Our next stop was Mazatlan. This was my least favorite stop and most stressful experience in Mexico. This is the only photo I took while there.

Can you tell we are having so much fun?


Cabo was our last stop and definitely the favorite. We had to take a water taxi from the cruise and Olive thought it was marvelous. She kept pointing to "our house boat" as we rode away.

This is the famous Arch that a million water taxi drivers were trying to sell you rides to. Apparently the best view is from the water. We saw it from our cruise ship since we were to cheap to pay for the taxi.

The beaches were absolutely beautiful in Cabo. The water was cool and refreshing since the weather was so hot. It was turquoise color. Seriously amazing. There were no waves so Olive loved going out into the water with dad. Here she is helping him wash his hair.

Pretty spectacular right? Unfortunately it was our shortest time in port so we didn't get to enjoy it quite as much as we wanted to.

Overall we had a blast. Olive was an amazing traveler. She loved meeting the people on the boat, she was in social butterfly heaven.

Everyone just fell in love with her especially the dining staff and the hostesses.

I learned that I am not a "cruiser". It was cool to experience it, but I think I wouldn't do another one. However, it was a great family trip, sometimes we forget to do trips with just our little family. It definitely was an awesome way to celebrate being married to such a wonderful husband!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is the cruise we did for our honeymoon and I felt the exact same way about cruises. Now Chris's family has decided that is what they are going to do for the family trip every two years, ugh. Fun but kind hard when I don't drink, don't gamble, don't watch flashy dance shows and don't eat myself into an oblivion every night. Still fun but totally with you on doing different vacations. Maybe it will be better when the kids can go to the kids club?

 
UA-18211205-1