Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Haphazard Hikers

For Labor Day we thought it would be fun to get out on a hike. We went to Donut Falls because I had never been there and heard it was a low key, easy, hike that Olive could run along with us on. Apparently everyone else thought the same thing. It was a crazy mad house with cars and people everywhere. So we left and randomly found another trailhead and decided that it would work.



We were ill prepared for the cool temperatures so I wore Scott's jacket and we draped a shirt over Olive in the backpack. I didn't wear hiking shoes and my flip flops were a little sketchy for the real trail we found.


We brought up a yummy lunch and enjoyed the scenery.









After all our hard work we had to finish our adventure with some frozen yogurt as a delicious reward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we have the same love for Red Mango.

Mary said...

In the picture of all three of you, Olive looks like a perfect blend of both you and Scott. It's cool!

 
UA-18211205-1