Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Favorite

Although I have heard that daisies are the friendliest flower (name that movie), I think that sunflowers are the merriest. I absolutely love sunflowers. They are so bright and cheery.


We planted some in our garden this year (since it was basically an experiment) here is what we learned about growing the merriest flower.

They grow really, really tall so don't plant them all together in rows like all your other plants.

Otherwise you will have a sunflower forest on your hands.

It's fun to watch the birds peck at them. I am so happy I planted them this year, and I will do it again, with some modifications.

Whenever I see these flowers they always brighten my day. I hope it brightened yours too!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

You've Got Mail. I love Sunflowers as well.

Stef said...

Very cool pictures. I especially like the last one.

Mary said...

I love that quote. Great pictures!

 
UA-18211205-1