
I also found this mini loaf tray and I had to buy it. I have an obsession for anything mini. I mean, seriously are those so cute?

I also tried out some vegan zucchini brownies and they weren't half bad. They are not the real deal, but I thought they were a tasty substitute.
I have the feeling that we are not master gardeners to produce this amount of zucchini, I am guessing they are a pretty hearty plant. We also thought our tomatoes were very hearty since the plant grew to be this monstrosity you see below. It was seriously out of control.

Then we noticed that it wasn't growing any tomatoes. Finally a few weeks ago it started growing these weird, hard, striped tomatoes. My guess is that it a zucchini hybrid because they were next to each other. Live and learn I guess!

We have seriously learned so much from our garden this year and I am really excited to try again next year.
4 comments:
Yes, zucchinis are very prolific. My parents figured that one out for me. You only need ONE plant. :) Your garden looks great BTW. I also suggest my mom's whole wheat zucchini bread and chocolate zucchini cake recipes. They are killer :) If you want them I'll email them to you.
It's not at all healthy, but we like to treat ourselves to some zucchini fritters sometimes. Just some shred and squeeze some zucchini, mix it with a little flour and egg, add cheese or herbs to taste, and fry until golden. Soooooo bad for you and oh so tasty.
The Vegan Brownies give me "vegan powers" ... So yeah, they pretty much make me just better than most people.
Everything looks great!
When tomato plants have a lot of water they grow a lot of foliage so if you are getting lots of growth but not a lot of tomatoes sometimes it helps to water a bit less.
Ditto on the zucchini. The first year we lived here my zucchini plant died (which I thought was impossible) and so every year after that I've planted like four plants just to ensure that I get some zucchini. And then I end up with way more zucchini than anyone ever wanted to eat.
Post a Comment