
You might be wondering about the title of this post, well, Olive absolutely *LOVES* her hiking backpack. She talks about it and asks where it is. If we can't "find" it because it is outside she asks "Hmmm, maybe backpack in our car?" I think that she likes being up above everyone, it's the princess in her I suppose. I honestly can't express how attached she is to her backpack. But it means that we can easily entice her into go places by telling her " Do you want to ride in the backpack?" We ended up using it instead of the stroller because she loves it.
So, that made it very easy to go on this hike since she was more than happy to just ride along. She kept singing songs and kicking her legs. It was such a fun time.
There is the peak, do you see the two ears? The hike itself was actually very difficult with a lot of steep inclines. I will say that our whole group did not make it up like our source assured us. He said they took a 4 year old a few weeks ago and it was no sweat. Apparently that child was super human because we all agreed it was much harder than we had expected.

It was so worth it though. I was blown away by the wild flowers growing everywhere. They were spectacular.

Here we are all hiking along. Due to the added weight of the backpack Scott and I had to keep moving so we couldn't really stick with the group who, understandably, were very interested in finding rocks and treasures more than they were walking.

They also did lots of exploring and looking as we were on our adventure which I thought was adorable.

Here we are finally at the top. We were very proud of ourselves for making it up there and proud of our girl for being so easy to hike with.

That is the very top that some people were actually climbing up to but I was much too afraid to die so I didn't risk it.

Cute Olive relaxing and looking at the incredible views.

After Olive fell asleep, lost her shoe, and ran out of songs to sing she decided the best way to entertain herself was by tickling daddy on the neck. I don't think dad agreed, but he was a good sport about it.

Finally, I am including this picture because I like it and think it's pretty.
2 comments:
Yea! Let's go do some hikes together...our girls go bananas for hikes! It sure makes life easier to have a child so great with doing it all...glad Olive is like that! Have fun on your cruise...isn't that coming up soon, too!?
so funny how olive was "tickling" scott. erik and i had a good laugh.
Post a Comment