Before we left we picked our first ever vegetable from our garden. It was a delicious zucchini and I was very proud of it. There is something so cool about going out to the garden and getting what you are going to eat. I am cooking a spaghetti squash that I picked this afternoon as we speak.

One thing I totally forgot about, being the newbie that I am, was that things would still grown while we were gone. I didn't think about having anyone come check on our garden and pick what was growing.
So when we got back we had these gigantic zucchinis growing. They are pretty out of control. I am not quite sure what to do with them.
Olive thought they were great and loved trying to carry it around. It is almost as big as her.
8 comments:
Fresh garden zucchini is the best! Bring on the zucchini bread.
Can I say how much I love your hair and the way you dress? I love your style.
O!M!G!!!!!! That is HUGE!
p.s. i missed your posts =[
I like to try and pick them when they're still small and tender (without gigantic seeds) and then cook them up in a stir fry. I've heard good things about stuffed zucchini, but have never gotten around to trying it. (Too busy to be very adventurous.) My grandma makes zucchini soup with big zucchinis.
Usually when mine get that big I just dump them off at the "share shelf" at our community garden, so hopefully someone somewhere is making the most of them!
Ummm that zuchinni is overtaking your daughter!!!!! Call me next time I'll come pick them!!!
I agree... there is something amazing about growing something from a tiny seed.
I've picked a few ginormous zucchini and felt a little overwhelmed myself. I just shredded some tonight for break I'll be making tomorrow. I also found a link to cooking-light that gave a whole bunch of recipes for your garden zucchini. Can't wait to try the oven-fried recipe!
You look great Maren!!
I love that last photo - she looks so excited!
It doesn't take long for zucchini to become crazy squash monsters.
Your new family pictures are GORGEOUS.
zucchini bread...you can also grate/shave it up and freeze it for later use...
Post a Comment