Monday, April 5, 2010

A Tale of Many Easters

For our Easter traditions this year we started with egg dying, and an awesome Jerusalem dinner.

We had many great Easter celebrations this year. We had the chance to go to 5 egg hunts, but we skipped to flash light one due to bad weather. Olive loved eggs hunts and shaking the eggs. It wasn't until her 3rd hunt that she figured out there was candy in them. Be prepared for picture overload.

The dress I made her turned out to be a little short but still I think it turned out cute!

First a hunt at the grandparents house with all the cousins proved very exciting.

Some surprise eggs had money in them. She was kinda confused.


Next up the neighborhood hunt had tons of kids and was also freezing cold. Olive was picking up eggs from frosted lawns. But she was still excited as you can see.

Olive was very worried this dog was going to steal her egg.

It was very chilly and all I had were my gloves so we put them on her freezing fingers. But they made her frustrated because she could not pick up eggs after that.

There was a pot luck breakfast after the hunt (have I ever mentioned how much I love living here?) so we tried to warm Olive up to eat.

But she was just ready to go.

For our own hunt we waited until late in the afternoon so that the weather would be more tolerant.

I think this next picture is so funny. Scott thinks she looks like an old lady. Maybe its the hat.

Turns out I put out way too many eggs. Olive didn't even pick up half of them. We had to go around later and gather them all up for her.

Here she is surverying all the loot.

I think her favorite gift was her new bike. She has been randomly sitting on other children's bikes around the neighborhood so we took the hint that she would like a ride of her own. She looks pretty happy!

Enjoying the delicious jelly beans after all her hard work.

11 comments:

krissy o said...

i am impressed with her cute dress and matching hair accessory!

Mary said...

Her dress is adorable. I'm so impressed that you can sew.

I love that overflowing Easter basket. Ha! She'll be eating jelly beans for weeks.

Carmen said...

Awww, I love the picture of you and Olive in this post.

Sheena said...

My grandpa used to put money in easter eggs too. The older kids thought it was awesome and the younger kids just wanted more candy.

I think that "old lady" picture is pretty hilarious too.

Karen said...

aww it looks like she had so much fun! i'm so glad easter was so great to you guys!

Karen said...

aww it looks like she had so much fun! i'm so glad easter was so great to you guys!

joana said...

what an adorable dress! you totally had easter fun overload! she is the cutest little chubber, i love it!

Crawford Family said...

She does look like an old lady in the CUTEST way possible! I LOVE her har and the dress you made is adorable! Don't you just love amy butler fabric? Seriously why did it take so long for designers to catch on and make fabric that looks like scrapbook paper?

Stef said...

Those pictures made me laugh! I love how chubby she is.

Wanderingfamilies said...

Cute! I LOVE Amy Butler fabric - you did a great job on the dress!

Anonymous said...

pretty sure I am jealous of Olive's cute dress and headband. I hear its your creation. You are amazing.

 
UA-18211205-1