Monday, April 12, 2010

A Trip to the Farm


Scott has been so busy with work that we decided to have a family weekend and spend some time together. We live close to an adorable farm and in the spring they usually have baby animals so we decided this would be the perfect relaxing place. I love taking Olive here now that she is obsessed with animals. As we were walking over to the animals (past the farm house) she kept saying "Amimals. Amimals. Where?"

Olive was a little unsure about the cows but mostly because they smelled horrible. She was yelling "MOOO MOOO" at them.

Checking out the horses.

They had lots of goats and some really tiny babies. Olive knows what goats are but finds it confusing to say a sound for them.

I love that you can get so close to the animals and some are friendly enough to pet. Another little girl was petting this pig. Olive's expression says to me "What is wrong with you girl? There's no way I'm going to touch that. That thing is way bigger than me!"

The turkeys made her quite nervous actually because they kept puffing up their feathers and gobbling at us. They were not being very friendly. She did however like flapping her arms and walking around the chickens.

The tractor is always fun to play on.


They have a ton of ducks which made Olive very excited.



Some nice people shared their bread with us so we could feed the ducks but Olive thought it was more important to feed herself.

She didn't understand why we were trying to throw her food away.

We got some treats and took a break at the cute little country store. Olive had so much fun and it was nice to go together, usually it is just Olive and me and sometimes friends. It was a great day. I am so in love with spring!

4 comments:

Sheena said...

You guys live close enough to Wheeler Farm to walk? Jealous! I loved working there, it's definitely one of my favorite places of all time.

Patty Girl said...

We are not quite walking close. I could if I had too. I always think of you when we go there actually! Then I think of your ridiculously awful Wheeler Farm shorts. Maybe that's why I like going there so much. Please tell me you still have them!

Margaret said...

Olive is so cute! What a fun weekend for you guys

Wanderingfamilies said...

Cute! I love Wheeler Farm, too! Hey, since I never got invites out to you and Joan...I will send a message to you via Facebook with directions and what to bring...can't wait for next Friday night!

 
UA-18211205-1