Friday, April 30, 2010

Matchy Matchy

As I have read various people's blog it has made me kinda think about what I want my blog to be like. The blogs that I especially love seem to have some direction or congruency versus the rather random postings I have been doing. So I have decided to create schedule for my blog to help me remember what things I care about posting and take some of the "thrown together"-ness out of my blog. I have already started to feel out my schedule with some of my postings but I want to try to be more regular about it. The schedule could very likely change, or I might hate it all together (although I highly doubt that because almost everything in my life has a routine or schedule. I already live by a weekly schedule (which I don't tell many people about because they look at me funny ( it is kinda hilarious that I am now telling the whole world via my blog)), so I imagine adding in a blog schedule seems normal (p.s. how many stinkin' times have I already said schedule?!))

I am thinking that Monday will be Olive Loves Day. She is rather quirky and hilarious so I thought that would be a fun way to highlight it. Wednesday will be something I Love Day, which will probably include things about my house which you might be sick of but ehh. Friday will be something I have Created Day. I work on all kinda of different projects and sometimes I want to show them off not because I want praise or admiration but to justify me spending so much time on them.

Seeing as it is Friday I thought I would start out with a project I recently finished. I am not a fantastic seamstress although I can kinda get by with what I know. My mom, who is an amazing seamstress but has no time to do it, always tried to get me into sewing when I was a teenager. The pressing and the tediousness really turned me off then. I wish I had stuck with it more because I feel like I am just learning as I go now. I figure, the more I do it, the less "homemade" things will look. So here is my creation:

I love fabric stores. I could spend hours there if I didn't have a baby with me pulling everything off of every shelf. On a recent trip to the fabric store I found this cute bird patterned fabric. I decided it would be perfect for a skirt I had been wanting to make. And although I know it is very cheesy I was estatic when I saw there was enough left over fabric to make Olive a matching dress.

Here is a better shot of her dress. I found this cute free pattern online.


I included this shot just because I like it.

A friend of mine came over for a late night bow making party and she helped me create this matching clip. I am kinda in love with it.

This is Olive telling us "NO NO NO" because she was done taking pictures.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented. I'm lovin the bird print. I should learn how to make my own skirts. You are amazing.

Katie Kates said...

It's pretty cool that you like to sew and make things now. you learned piano and took a.p.classes previously. i won,t say you should have listened to your mother, wink wink.

krissy o said...

I am in awe of your sewing skills. Plus, where do you find the time?

Anonymous said...

I love matchy matchy!!! You guys look adorable. The bow is to die for! Love it! Good work Mare!

Wanderingfamilies said...

OH MY GOSH! I WISH I WERE MORE LIKE YOU! I LOVE THAT YOU ARE DOING A SCHEDULE OF POSTS! BUT I AM MORE IMPRESSED WITH YOUR SEWING - AND MATCHING WITH YOUR DAUGTHER IS PRICELESS! I just had to do all caps because I am that impressed...

Karen said...

I can't wait to see your blogs even more often. That dress is SOOOO stinkin cute! You totally inspired me from this blog =]

P.S. We've enjoyed your mom this weekend!

Stef said...

I love your outfits. And your hair.

joana said...

i wish i would have learned to sew when i was younger too because my mom and my sister are so good at it. looks like it's never too late to start. totally impressed. k you just gave me the inspiration i needed to start learning (or at least start thinking about it ha!)
and the shoes...oh my gosh, there's nothing cuter!

Rachel said...

I love your blog idea - can't wait to see some posts! Cute skirt and dress too! (And I am totally with you on the Monday = cleaning day thing. It just makes sense!)

Mary said...

I love your skirt, and I love that Olive has a matching dress! You are both totally adorable.

 
UA-18211205-1