
These are the windows in Olive's room. All of our windows have beautiful wood trim detailing around them. In her room they were already painted (a nasty 70's yellowish color) so I felt rather justified in painting them white and I think they really stand out well against her cream walls.

It might not look like it because it was such a dark and dreary February day, but usually her room is so bright and airy because of these windows.I love sitting in there. There are pluses to having such huge windows, but it also makes furniture arrangement and wall hangings a little limited.
The best part of these windows are that they are BRAND new. The original windows were painted shut, thus not functional or safe. But, through a special lead based paint government grant we qualified for, the old windows were replaced with energy efficient windows. Every single window in our house was a custom size. And they fit them in perfectly so that all the great would trim was intact. I couldn't be happier with our windows.
2 comments:
Oooh, I want to hear more about this lead based paint government grant. All of our windows are painted closed, too. It's just a project that is so far outside of our budget that we haven't done anything.
I love the trim around Olive's windows.
I am SO jealous! We tried that, but apparantly, the only windows that they're replacing is the 2 teeny-tiny bathroom ones, even though our other ones are ridiculously drafty...you got pretty ones!
Post a Comment