Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sick

I am seriously sick of people in my family being sick. I swear that Olive has been sick in one way or another since Christmas. Every Sunday we are either deciding who is going to stay home from church with her or she is going to nursery and sick the next day. It is a really horrible cycle. It's pink eye, or diarrhea, or a bad cold, or now a nasty cough. When is this going to end?!

Olive is really hard when she is sick, as I am sure most kids are. She only wants too sit on your lap and watch TV. I can never get anything done when Olive is not feeling well. Yesterday was one of those days and the house looked worse at the end of the day even though it was cleaning day. It is so draining to just have to hold a toddler and nothing in the world will make them happy. --I will say that I do like how cuddly she is when sick because that is our only chance to snuggle with her anymore.

A week ago we tried to get out of the cold with a quick weekend trip south. As soon as we got there Scott got the flu and could only lay absolutely still on the hotel couch all weekend. Olive and I had to just pal around and try to figure out how to entertain her. Not what I had in mind.

I am feeling all cooped up in the house but I am so tired of someone catching an illness every time we go anywhere.

Is it March yet? Blah!

3 comments:

krissy o said...

oh my gosh! i am so glad that it is not just our family. i was seriously beginning to feel like a negligent momma.

Mary said...

I'm totally over this winter. BLAH!

Sorry Olive has been sick. That sucks.

Wanderingfamilies said...

I agree! Winter needs to end! We've been in the exact same cycle - Ansley now has a cough, too! Aargghh! I cannot wait for spring...I often have to remind myself that being in the trenches of motherhood will end all too quickly - and we'll miss our little ones! Good luck!

 
UA-18211205-1