Right before the end of the school year Olive's Kindergarten class got to go see the new Aquarium. It is really big and the kids all had a great time.
They all had to take turns touching the giant shark teeth.
One of the most impressive things that they added were the shark tunnels that you can walk through. We had seen these before and they are really cool. We spent quite a long time in there just watching the different things swim around us.
I loved how these girls were so "5 years old" While we were waiting for a demonstration they started playing games. It's weird seeing your kids play the things you did when you were little. I can't believe she is big enough to be doing elementary kid things!
One of the aquarium workers brought out some animals to show us.
One was a giant cockroach.
The other was a lizard that everyone got to take a turn touching.
Then it was off to see the penguins....
and otters who were both out and swimming this day, which is always fun!
They had little booklets with questions about each section that they had to answer while we walked around.
The new rain forest area was really cool because it is two stories. The kids really liked this area.
After the rope bridge it was time to go but we had lots of fun. I love Kindergarten and I love that Olive likes to have me come with her on these field trips!







No comments:
Post a Comment