Monday, January 20, 2014

Olive's First (of many) Ski Lesson

We signed Olive up for a 5 week session of ski lessons. She was so excited waiting all week to go. Unfortunately, Scott was out of town the first week, but fortunately, that meant I got to take her up and witness that greatness that is watching your kid learn how to ski. She was happy that the meeting spot for her group was number 5, the same as her. 

All decked out in her gear!

We signed up her with some friends. Her is Olive and McCoy (I don't know how Brighton didn't make it into this picture) ready to rock the slopes! As it was getting closer to the start of lessons Olive started to get more nervous as you can probably tell by her stressed smile. 

Before they put their skis on they practiced some things like how to stand. 
And how to fall. 

Then they tried one ski at a time and practiced with that for a little bit. I was so impressed with these teachers and lessons. They did a really great job with these little ones and made then feel really comfortable. They were probably hating the group of helicopter parents that were hanging around the whole time taking pictures but, I could care less. 


Then it was time to try two skis and before you know it...

they were putting them on the magic carpet and sending them up the mountain. 

Olive did so good and was a little nervous the first couple times but by the end she rode to lift  and came down the hill. I couldn't believe it. What a big accomplishment! My little baby is growing up too fast! I couldn't have been more proud of her. 

Cute girl got in a little wave to me and she skied by. 
She was in love by the end and has waited anxiously all week to go again today, and this time with daddy. I think Scott couldn't be happier either and his dream of having skiers in the family is on its way to becoming true. 


I left after about the first hour of the lesson (they are 3 hours long!) and brought Houston home with me so these boys could play together all afternoon. What cute friends!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1