Monday, August 8, 2011

Olive is (almost) Three

 Wow! 3! What a sweet and loving girl Olive is. I am absolutely loving 3 year old Olive.  When she was born I couldn't picture what our life would look like in three years but I have to say, it is wonderful.

Olive is a very expressive girl. Her little eyebrows just tell you her thoughts. Sometimes we just chuckle at her from the faces that she makes. She loves to be silly and make silly faces. I love how goofy she is. 
Olive likes telling jokes. She will say "You jokin' me!" when we  are teasing her and she loves it. She likes playing the opposite game. For example, if she says "I love strawberries" then I will tell her "No, you love pickles!" or something else she doesn't like and she will laugh hysterically. The only problem is that there is no stopping that game. 
Olive thinks her dad is the funniest thing on earth. He can make her belly laugh like no one else. He has made her laugh so hard that she literally falls over laughing. It is the cutest thing in the world.
 Olive is quite a sensitive girl. She really doesn't like people, especially mom, to be upset or angry with her. She is quick to say sorry when she has done something. I love it when she says "Fank you for saying sorry" if I apologize to her. She gets embarrassed if another adult corrects her. She is "afraid" of the garage and laundry room because "Scary monsters wiv in dere".
 Olive loves learning and asks questions all day long. She wants to know what things are called and how they work. I love her inquisitive mind. She knows her ABC's and can count to 20. She has started recognizing her letters and likes to find them. She is quite an auditory learner and can learn songs really fast. It is kinda surprising. Once a neighbor was teaching her (for about 10 minutes) how to count in Spanish and now she remembers and can get all the way to ocho without help. It didn't know this had happened and then one day she was just walking around saying "Uno dos tres..."
 She loves barbies, princesses, ballerinas, dress ups, and being fancy more than ever. She has opinions about what to wear and likes to pick out her clothes while shopping. She watches me do my make up in the mornings and likes to have some put on her too. She likes watching and doing whatever I'm doing. She is hilarious talking on the phone because she holds it up and walks around the house while talking.
Olive loves to cook in her kitchen, take care of her babies, play with playdough and do art, read books, and she especially loves when you do those things with her. What I love so much is her enthusiasm for what ever we are doing. It is really easy to get her excited for almost anything (except using the potty but more news on that later).
 Olive likes to go places. Almost every morning she asks "Where we going today?" She likes going to the store and running errands. She wants to know what kind of store we are going to, and if we are getting to the grocery store or a different store. Recently I listed off a whole bunch of places to go like the farm, zoo, dinosaur museum etc and she got so excited and said " We going there? I get my shoes!" and ran off before I could tell her that we weren't going at that second. She often asks "Today is Sunday?" because she really likes nursery and wearing a Sunday dress.
 Olive is gaining lots of friends and loves to play with them. She talks about her friends constantly and wonders what they are doing. She likes to tell me what she likes to play with them, like "Me and Jane eat meat" or "we be dinosaurs". She will ask her friends to be "my body guard" when she is playing princess. If we walk or drive past a friends house she tells me who lives there. Unfortunately some of her closest pals don't live very close to us.
 Olive has some funny sayings that are just so classic Olive.
She asks for "fresh milk" in the morning.
She likes things that are "so com-for-ble" like our bed or her blankie.
She says "I don't fink so!" all the time.
If she wants something or sees something at the store she ask to get it "for my birf-day?"
She will add "and stuff" and "or some-fing" on the end of her sentences.
If you ask her to do something, like use the potty, she will say "maybe tomorrow?"
If you ever ask her how something was like dinner or a party she always, 100% of the time says "it was reew-ey goob!"for really good.
 Some of Olive's favorites are:
Favorite color, pink
favorite food is definitely fruit, seriously almost any fruit. She especially loves strawberries. Her favorite "meal" food is pizza.
Favorite princess is a toss up but she usually says Cinderella or Belle.
Favorite shows are almost anything, she loves tv but frequently asks for YO Gabba, Dora, or Rugrats

Olive has had an amazing third year. She has learned so much. Olive brightens every day and we are so proud of her. We feel lucky that she is in our family!





PS If you want to know what I thought about the new Jane Erye read my review tomorrow at showtimeshowdown.com!!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1