Friday, August 12, 2011

Bre's Wedding

About a month ago I had the chance to go to my cute cousin Bre's wedding in California. I was so excited for Bre mainly because I know how happy and exciting that time of life is. There are only 3 girls out of all the cousins so I had to be there and represent us girls! I just love Bre and her family and I'm so happy I could be there to celebrate with her. These cousins are the ones I know the best 1) we are all roughly close in age (roughly, but more so now that most of us are at the same stage of life. kids are a major equalizer aren't they?) and 2) they were the cousins we saw the most growing up.

I took Milo while Scott stayed home with Olive for a few days. I was so nervous to leave her because I had never spent a night away from her. I kinda figured that she wouldn't miss me as much as I was going to miss her. They partied it up while I was away seeing movies everyday. It was play, play, play. But, Olive asked for me every night, so I guess she did miss me after all.

It was a beautiful and simple sealing and it I kept thinking about my own wedding day. That day I was kinda stressed out but listening to the temple president talk about the blessing of marriage made it melt away and I remembered how lucky I am to be married to my husband. I  really wished he was there and it made me miss him so much. There is nothing like the feeling of knowing that you have a partner walking with you through everything you will experience in this life.  

Jerrica was nice enough to take care of Milo while we were in the sealing. I was so worried that he would scream the whole time but she said he was fine.  She might just be saying that. Or he just saved the crying for me when I got out of the temple. But, I would prefer that than crying at them.
Kellen loved harrassing the little boys. They loved rough housing back.
 
 
 Everyone socializing and waiting for the bride and groom. I really wanted to take Olive to this wedding because she is in love with brides these days. I knew she would love to see one in real life. But Scott had a wedding that weekend and I didn't think I could handle traveling with the 2 kids on my own.

 That is the only shot I got of the bride and groom when they came out. Can you believe it? Can you even see them? Milo started getting really tired right when it was time for all the photos so he is probably crying in most of the actual photos. 
 One of my biggest motivations to get out to the wedding was that I knew it was a rare chance to see some of my cousins. We all live across the country so it is a very special occasion to bring us together. There were still quite a few missing though! I love that we are all grown with our own families now. Some of their kids I was just meeting for the first time. I am so glad that I did get to spend some time catching up with them so it was well worth the trip. Here is my cousin Austin with his two kids and my youngest brother Connor.
 Milo and Grandma:
 The reception was absolutely beautiful. They had everything you could want in a reception and lots of details I never even thought of. They totally treated it like a party and everyone stayed to dance and have a great time. I kept thinking "Olive would be in heaven! I wish she was here!"

 I don't know why but I loved the table arrangements. Every table was had a different grouping and it created such a perfect look. I loved it but I'm sure my camera phone photo doesn't do it justice.
 Dancing the night away. It was a blast and I'm so glad I could be there to celebrate with them!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1