Saturday, November 15, 2014

Moving Out

Looking back at this summer, it was such a whirlwind. I don't think we actually thought about it as it was happening. You kind of go into survival mode and just plow through. But when I think about all that happened in just 3 or 4 months I wonder how we did it. 
Once we found our new house we had to hurry and sell our old house. This was a devastating part of moving for me. I loved that house. I loved our season of life in that house. It still has my heart in some ways, even though new people live in it. I don't know why I am so attached to that house. Probably because it served us perfectly at a really crucial and special time of our lives. It will always be our first house. It will always be a special place to me. It's where we made life long friends, became a real family, and I feel like, in some ways, became grown ups in that house. We had a great life there, and although that great life will continue on, I'll always cherish our years in our Wasatch St house. 

Our "selling our house" story is pretty crazy. And it all happened so fast. Although it felt hard, the way everything played out confirmed to me and Scott that this was what we were supposed to do and that we were being guided. Heavenly Father sent the right people to us at the right times and everything came together seemlessly. It still makes we wonder how that all happened. We rented back our house for about 6 weeks to try and finish remodeling our new house. But the day eventually came to move out and say goodbye, even though our new house wouldn't be finished for 8 more weeks. 

 
The moving crew got all our stuff loaded up and out of the house surprisingly fast. We had given ourselves an extra week to clean up the house and take care of the last minute details. 




It was so bizarre to see the house empty. It hadn't looked like that in 5 years.


Here is all our stuff packed up to move into Becca and Bruce's house. It's like we were going on an awesome trip, and it really was a super great extended vacation!

The kids had been at Becca's on moving day so we could focus on getting things done. We wanted them to have some closure so we brought them back and had our last dinner in this house just like we had our first dinner in this house 5 years earlier, Noodles on the floor in the front room. There were some tears. We talked about some great memories of this house and some special things about it. 


Although it was sad to say goodbye to that house we couldn't be happier in our new house. Change is hard but good. 

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1