Friday, June 27, 2014

Pairs Day 10: Le Train Blue

As a special treat we got to go out to a really nice French restaurant on our last night in Paris. I thought it was the perfect way to cap off our amazing trip. We reminised about our favorite things and laughed at some of our craziest adventures. It was a perfect, lovely evening. 
 
We wanted some authentic French cuisine and on the fabulous recommendation of Kelly we went to Le Train Blue inside the Gare Lyon train station. It is a turn of the century restaurant that is so authentic. 
Here is the view of the station from the door of the restaurant. I don't know why I love that in France so many cool things are in train stations. 


The inside was just as charming as I had expected. It was ornate and perfect. 


Our sweet waiter took a picture for us. 

One of the highlights for my mom was getting to try some of the French cuisine she had wanted. In one meal she had foie gras, escargot, and steak tartar. They were the biggest snails I have ever seen! I tried a bite of each of her foods but definitely enjoyed my lamb and potatoes more. 

Escargot. When in France right?!

Here is my face while eating it. In my opinion, escargot tastes like dirt and earth. But my mom loved it. 

This was our handsome waiter who is slicing my meat off of a giant leg of lamb. It was pretty surprising to see but very delicious. Afterwards we ordered desserts and left stuffed. It was such a perfect night. 

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1