Not much has been going on around here, but it seems like a ton has been happening too, which is why I'm so behind on blogging! The thing that is taking up a lot of my time and mental energy is that our trip to Paris is coming up fast, so I've been trying to get everything all figured out. I thought I might just catch up on the last month in one quick post.
We went to St George for President's Day Weekend and it was gorgeous.
We did lots of swimming in the unusually warm weather.
We also went to some of the Parade of Homes which is always fun.
Poor Milo was so exhausted he fell asleep while eating dinner. When we tried to move him he got so mad at us and yelled "I'm eating!!"
Milo is at the really horrible stage where he basically refuses to nap but is too tired to make it through the day without one. He falls asleep almost every day on the drive to either take Olive to school or pick her up. Then if he does nap, he refuses to go to bed until like 11 pm. It has been a crazy couple of weeks for his guy. Olive still napped the first 6 months that she went to preschool, so when she was done she was older and mature enough that I could reason with her or get her to do some quite time. Milo isn't there yet. So every day is kinda a roller coaster with a sleepy kid. But I'm not complaining because he is talking so much and lots of things are way easier nowadays.
The other day though, I was vacuuming the house and came into his room to notice that he had put himself to bed for a nap. It was amazing. I am pretty sure it will never happen again, but I love that he did it!
Another day I walked into my room where Milo had pulled out this guitar case from under my bed and was hiding in it. What a cutie!
We went to the Utah gymnastics meet with some friends one night. Milo and Scott were sick so they stayed home.
And another day the dads braved Jungle Jim's on a Saturday to entertain the kids. They really love these kiddos! These past couple of weeks have been warm and nice. Last Saturday night we spent the whole evening at the park and then grabbed some dinner with friends. I love low key and easy nights like that.
It was a year ago that Olive went in for her speech assessment. After months of hard work and hours and hours of practicing she met all her goals and graduated. Yay!!
Other than that things have been the same, busy, busy and about to get busier. I got a new calling as Stake Young Women's secretary. Not to mention getting all the logistics coordinated while I am on my trip. I will be away from the kids for 13 nights. That is feeling really overwhelming and stressful right now, but I'm sure it will all get better once we go. And I probably won't have much to blog about until I get back!










No comments:
Post a Comment