Last fall we had a really hard choice to make about where to send Olive to school. There are not a ton of kids in our neighborhood and everyone from her preschool class was going to all kinds of different schools. No one else from her primary class was starting school that year. We had considered going to our in boundaries school but ultimately decided we wanted to try and get her into our district's dual immersion language program. That meant that she would go to an out of boundaries school without knowing a single other person.
Fortunately, Olive has had a good experience and it has all worked out great (especially because this week we found out she made it into the Spanish program!) But, it has been a hard experience not knowing any of the other parents or kids. We haven't been able to play with many of her school friends. So, in an effort to get to know some of these girls (and more importantly meet some of their parents) we had a Valentine's Tea Party. There are 14 girls in Olive's class of 23! And we invited all of them because we didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. It turned out to be a huge success and I think they all loved it. I'm so glad that Olive makes friends so easily and loves having people over. To say she was excited for this party is a major understatement.
When I was 5 my mom planned a cute dress up party for me and my friends and we all loved it. She let us use her fancy hats from her collection. So I thought Olive and her friends would like to do that too and I was so right. First thing when they came in they got to pick out a hat and it was so cute. As you will notice, Olive made lots of hat changes because she loved them all so much.
Here is Olive and Kaitlyn showing off their selections.
This is another friend Shayli. Aren't they so cute?
Here are all the girls all dressed up in their fancy hats.
We had yummy tea party food including cupcakes, and lots of other goodies.
I found this cute and super easy idea on pinterest and this treat was a huge hit!
Here is the table all set up.
I got a circut for my birthday and this was the first time I really used it. It was fun cutting out all the red and pink decorations.
First thing they all wanted to see Olive's room and play with her toys.
Then it was tea time! Olive really wanted a certain flowered tea cup and she hugged it when she got that spot. Silly girl.
Oops, I cut some of the girls off but here they all are at the table.
Loading up their plates with goodies.
Cheers!
They couldn't get enough cheers.
After we ate we made a little heart craft.
And played "Pin the Lips"
We made Valentine's cards for someone we love.
Working hard! They all took this part very seriously.
Olive was so thrilled when one of her friends made a card for her. It was so cute!
It was such a fun party and I think all the girls had a really good time.
I think the biggest hit might have been that we gave each girl their own rose with their goodie bag when they left. They were each so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment