
The best part of this tile is its story. We had plans to tile over the ugly blue marble linoleum flooring that matched the ridiculously ugly blue marble counter top. On the Saturday of our project, after picking out our new tile and vanity, we ripped out the old cabinet to discover this glorious tile underneath. Scott called me on the phone and said " You have to come see the bathroom tile RIGHT NOW!" So I rushed over to find this marvelous miracle. Not only did we not have to do all the work of putting in new tile, the gray and white color scheme matched perfectly with everything we had just painted.

Here is a close up of the mosaic detailing on the border. Wonderful isn't it?

This is what Olive and Scott were doing while I was taking the pictures. She loves bouncing and jumping and begs to get on the bed. What a cutie.
4 comments:
what a find!
Yeah!! Finally a break! I hope there are many more wonderful suprises to come.
I love that tile!!! SCORE!
that is gorgeous! i love old houses. i can't remember if i said this before, but i used to rent an old farmhouse out in west layton when jasmine was 3 or 4. it was beautiful. 90+ years old with gorgeous cherry wood crown molding that framed each room, and radiated charm throughout. i can really appreciate how finding that tile would be such a treasure. totally cool. i love old houses.
Post a Comment