Now that all the hair-pulling-out stress is over (mostly), I feel like I can post about all the great things about our new house. And there are SO many great things in this house that we fell in love with. I have vowed that I won't post a full house tour until everything is how I want it, sorry for the disappointment. So instead...I am stealing a cute idea from a blog that I read where she does a weekly appreciation of the cool, and cute things in her new house (except she has a cute name for her house and does everything way better). Here is our second rate "Pemberley Appreciation":
Our charming door knocker:

I think this old door knocker is so amazing. It has the family crest and name of the previous owners. This house has been in the same family since it was built so that really adds to the heirloom-ness of this knocker. We have plans to someday get our own family crest made into a knocker and put it on the door as a sort of geneology of ownership.
This is why I
love old houses.
2 comments:
First of all, you're too nice! And secondly, I love your door knocker!! We have one with the last name of the people who built Pemberley and I think that is so cool. A crest is cooler, however.
Can't wait to see more!
Just read your plumbing probs and solutions...you are definitely living right! Yeah for you guys!
Post a Comment