Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Girl has got Smarts


Didn't I just post that she was beginning to crawl? It was just over a month ago that she starting to figure out how to scoot around on her tummy. Now she is not only a super speed crawler that must get into and investigate everything she comes across, but has begun to pull herself up on just about anything she can grab hold of. I am still catching up with her mobility and constantly putting things away, or taking things away from her. I am certainly not ready for her to begin climbing! Last week she would only pull herself up to her knees, now she is on her feet and trying to get her knees up on the stairs. It is not that surprising because Olive has always wanted to be standing and looking around. She wants to know what is going on. She always had unusually strong legs but I guess her strength to do it on her own is finally catching up. I thought I was not prepared for crawling, but am now realizing that standing and climbing is a whole new ball game. How did she grow up so fast?

Look how proud of herself she is. Fortunately she hasn't had any bad tumbles yet and is pretty tough when things do go bad but I am not looking forward to the inviteble bonked head.

What else? Basically life has been the same craziness as always. It does seem that we have had a ton of family events lately. In the last month we have had 6 birthdays one of them being Scott's (yeah for 27!), one baby blessing, one graduation, and a baptism, not to mention Easter and having family in town. That is also not counting another birthday and Mother's day this weekend. There has been a lot of family time and May is looking to be just as busy -- hopefully we don't get sick of our families.

3 comments:

krissy o said...

Happy Mothers Day - and good luck keeping your house intact with that one on the loose!

joana said...

too cute! and i can't even tell you how much i love her chubby cheeks! you should see johnny and paula's little millie, she's got the cheek thing goin' on too. love it!
oh and how sweet of you to get us a baby gift. we don't have much of anything for her, so i get excited to get baby things! thanks! our address is 1441 St. Gallen Ln. Lewisville, TX 75067

Mary said...

Those cheeks are too adorable!

 
UA-18211205-1