Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Crib Time is Fun Time

Olive LOVES her crib. That is the place that she by far sleeps the best. I think she is genuinely happy when I set her down in there at night. She almost never cries to go into her crib. She loves it so much that she likes to play in it when she wakes up. I usually hear her awake and talking to herself for probably 10 minutes before I go in to get her. My favorite part is that she is so happy when she wakes up. She used to kick her legs when she was excited to see you. Now that she can pull herself up she bounces with enthusiasm. The down side to her strength is that when she doesn't want to go to sleep she will stand up holding the bars for dear life and scream like a mad woman. Thankfully, that doesn't happen very often.
Since she is usually so happy I thought I would document her after a nap. In Olive's words....

"Oh hi! I am so happy to see you" (Photos don't really convey bouncing, but imagine it was a video)


"Yay for mommy!


"Uh, what is that in you hands and why are you not picking me up?"


"No worries, I found something to chew on"


"Hey there, these bars are blocking me from reaching you"


"Get out of my way stupid bars" (this would be accompanied by grunting)


"I really want to stand up. What is going on here?"

That is where the picture taking ended because I had to reach in and get her leg loose. Chubbiness is not good for fitting into small spaces.

This one I just felt needed to be black and white.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hee! McKay got her fat thigh wedged between the rungs when she was that age. It took awhile to get her out.

Crawford Family said...

Holy cow she has got to be the cutest chubbiest little girly girl ever! How do you not just kiss her non stop!

 
UA-18211205-1