Thursday, September 25, 2008

First smiles!


I didn't think that this would be so exciting but it truly is. Scott is teaching me some things about my camera in mini photo lessons, which I love ( I am a true student at heart). Yesterday I was doing my assignment and happened to catch Olive's first smiles in the process. How lucky is that?


It really melts your heart when your baby smiles. Now Scott and I both are on a constant quest to get her to smile. It is like a fun challenge. She has smiled before but only while she was asleep. It always makes me wonder what she could be dreaming about. What must baby's dreams be like? I wish I had one of those machines like they invented on the Simpsons that could read baby thoughts. I often wonder what she is thinking, like when she just stares at the blank wall and seems happy about it. I'm so glad my life has been reduced to these small milestones that feel larger than life.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Maren! I am so happy to have found you! I have been wondering how you've been. Olive is so beautiful! It took me FOREVER to get my little boy's smile on camera. Way to go! Isn't photography so much fun?! What kind of photography is your husband doing?

Wanderingfamilies said...

She is SO cute! Ansley has been smiling, but I don't quite catch it on the camera...I gotta get a faster camera...hey, where did you get Olive's little bows - I think they are darling!?! Plus, that is probably helpful for strangers to know that she is a GIRL!

 
UA-18211205-1