Wednesday, July 2, 2014

While I Was Away

As I would assume is normal, I was really stressed about being away from my family for almost two weeks. It was a lot of logistics and tons of preparation for me to make it all work out. I knew Scott could handle it all and he was so willing and wonderful about making this whole trip happen. But I was still stressed. I couldn't have done it without the help of Becca, she watched my kids on school days and took Olive to and from school. And my wonderful friends helped me as well with watching the kids. I am so lucky to have so much support! The saving grace in my mind was that Scott wouldn't be on his own with them for 14 days straight. Since our trip was the week Spring Break he was able to take some days off and go to St George for some of the time. It gave me so much relief knowing he would be with his family having fun and having people for the kids to play with. It couldn't have been better! 
Every once in awhile Scott would send me a picture of the fun they were having and I loved getting updates. I love this picture of these cute matching cousins at breakfast. 

While in St George they went to a place Olive calls "Crystal Cave" which was a really cool place that you could collect your own crystals. 

The kids had a blast hammering their jewels out of the rock walls. Olive still talks about it!




Then they apparently spent hours afterwards cleaning and preparing all of their crystals. It looked like tons of fun. 


I also got some pictures of Milo's antics. 

And Olive and Scott had a late night movie sleepover downstairs and Olive absolutely loved it. They watched Tooth Fairy and Olive told me all about it. Special time with daddy is the best!

Poor Scott had to try and entertain both kids on his own during conference. One the bright side at least he didn't have to try and handle Sacrament meeting on his own :) Scott did such an amazing job and I'm so grateful that I have such a great husband that made this trip of a life time actually possible. I couldn't have done this without him and he never batted an eye at the kinda crazy part of it all. He's amazing and the kids had such a blast!

No comments:

 
UA-18211205-1