Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween Lunch Bunch

I am the Room Mom for Olive's class this year which means that I help plan their holiday parties. I am pretty excited because I love parties. I decided to have a Halloween Lunch Bunch and test out some of the activities I had planned to see how they would work for the class. I think it should go great. 
As we were getting ready we had some problems with both kids costumes. Olive is Jewel from LaLaLoopsy. I painted her black button eyes on and she HATED them. She was crying and black makeup was running everywhere. It was not good. So we washed her face off and decided on just some eyelashes which was much more to her liking. Then Milo hated putting on his Curious George costume. He loves Curious George and I am not sure why he didn't want to wear his costume, but he refused. 

Look at that pout. This kid has got it down!

First we did some Halloween coloring pages and made some finger puppets.

Leila and Olive being cute. 

Olive  displaying her finger puppets.
Milo just liked cutting.
Then is was lunch time. One of the moms brought these cute teeth apple slices. The kids loved them.

This was my festive dessert contribution.

McCoy, Nathaniel, and Olive enjoying some lunch. 

After lunch we headed downstairs for some games. We sang Witches Brew first. We really love that song around here. 

Then we tossed rings onto cone pumpkins. 



Their prizes for the ring toss were these disguises. I loved them. They were so funny. 


Best picture ever! 

Then we danced, well most of us danced.


I just had to include these two pictures at the end of the kids posing with their friends. Here's Olive and McCoy. These two are good buds. Aren't they adorable?

Milo was so excited to take a picture with them too. Love it!

It was a fun party and I think all the kids had fun. We also did a story and got goodie bags. All in all I think I am ready for Olive's class party. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Pauly said...

You are such a fun Mom! How do you do it all???! I am always reading your blog thinking "wow wonder mom!"

And Olive has a friend named McCoy?!? Oh man, I had never, never heard of anyone named McCoy when we chose the name it is not even recorded on the social security baby names list it's so unpopular. Wade thinks I am crazy that I care so much! I really need to relax about this : )

 
UA-18211205-1