Have you seen those really amazing old photos that are simple and yet the woman are so elegant in them? I decided that I wanted some pictures like that. For a long time I have loved the 20's, they are just so magical. Then we were invited to the funnest party ever. It was a big band 1940's themed party. So then I started getting obsessed with the 40's. They had a great live band that was fabulous. It was a bake off so people brought out their go-to-deliciousness for dessert. It was a party for all ages to have fun and dance. They encouraged us to dress up like the 40's. So....I went to DI. I didn't just find one outfit, I found 3. Then I thought this might be my opportunity to try and get that photo I want. Being the over the top person that I am, I had Scott document me in all my outfits. I'm am sure you are laughing hysterically at me right now but, I actually had a lot of fun. So here they are:
What do you think? I was kinda in love with all of them and I was a bit surprised at how many pieces came from my own wardrobe. I am obviously already attracted to those styles. If you are wondering about the hats, they are all from this amazing hat collection that my mom has been building for years. Awesome right?
So which of the 3 costumes do you think that I chose?
And for a sneak peek at my costume for our "Flappers and Fedoras' Party
As you can tell, I definitely don't take myself too seriously!
3 comments:
These are so fantastic! You look like you would have fit right in during the 40s. I'm going to guess you chose the 2nd outfit, with the white blouse and gray hat.
I love the 40's. My house was built in 1939, so I feel the need to get really skinny and then wear dresses and pearls everywhere I go. But, first I have to get skinny. :/
Good call Rachel!
It's funny how much the 80's took from the 40's. They are all big shoulder pads and square.
My house was built in 1923, I didn't realize that my house was older than yours Mary!
Post a Comment