Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yay for houses, boo for moving

Great News! We bought a house. It is a 1923 Arts and Crafts style house. It has lots of beautiful wood work and detailing. We have been looking for a few months but we finally found something that we could comfortably afford. We saw a lot of nice houses, but it felt like they were still priced so high even in a soft market. A very sweet older lady lived there, actually it has remained in the same family since it was built. Now we have quite a bit of remodeling that we want to do (blasted wall paper!). It is going to be a crazy October, but it is worth it to have a yard and a garage! Yay! Pictures to come soon.

7 comments:

Carmen said...

Oooh, houses are fun to play with! I'm excited for you.

Sheena said...

Congratulations!

Reading about someone buying a new house is always a little bittersweet for me because I'm excited for them, but I always feel sorry for myself and my crappy apartment and for all the future crappy apartments that I will live in as we move around to different states. We're still about 4-5 years from being settled (hopefully only one more in Wisconsin though), so a house/yard/garage continue to remain a distant dream.

Crawford Family said...

Congrats guys! I am excited to see the progress pictures! Enjoy that garage, especially since it snowed already there right?

EriKaren said...

that's so exciting! i'm so happy for you! =] that's got to be the most awesome place to move too!

joana said...

i LOVE old houses, they're so charming. fixing them up is fun too. i love projects. congrats and good luck!
it's getting cold here in texas and i just put those cute booties that you made for mia on her the other day...totally cute!

Robyn said...

Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics.

Mary said...

I'm so excited for you! I love older homes (don't love removing wallpaper, but there are worse things). Congrats!!!

 
UA-18211205-1